She designed

She designed a life she loved...




Wednesday, July 21, 2010

SHE


At girl night a few years ago, I went to a class being offered at my friend Nicole's church. The class was being taught by scrap booking guru - Heidi Swapp. Heidi has designed her own scrap booking company and was teaching us how to create our own life by following her example of finding inspiration in the world around us. Her example was from a book that she came across at a book store in NYC by Kobi Yamada entitled "She". In it, Kobi gives different quotes on empowering your own life. Within each of us, there are limitless possibilities. Heidi encouraged each of the participants in the class to look for something to spark our imaginations. She then helped all of us create a scrap booking project to help us remember what we had learned. I was cleaning out my scrapbook closet today and came across the little book that I had made that night. It reminded me that I do have the power to create a life I love.

In order to do that I am writing about the life that I have lived. At least according to my journals. After I type in my journal entries of yesteryear, I am planning to store them away in a box instead of taking up valuable shelf space in my closet. I should just throw them away I guess, but my kids might want to see my handwriting someday after I am gone.