She designed

She designed a life she loved...




Thursday, March 29, 2007

Anatomy of Peace

I hope I can remember the Anatomy of Peace. I just finished the book today that Kate gave me for Christmas. It was kind of a slow read at first but it is worth the effort, I hope that I can get everyone I know to read it and practice it's lessons. Mostly I want to practice the lessons I learned from reading it, namely the out-of-the box principal.

The Choice diagram:

  • Sense/Desire (seeing people with needs, cares, worries and fears that matter, like mine do) my heart is at peace.
  • Choice: Honor the sense or betray it.
  1. Honor the sense = continue to see people
  2. Betray the sense = justify myself (and the person becomes an object) my heart goes to war
"The Box"
Common Heart At War Styles

  • Better Than
  • I deserve
  • Worse Than
  • Must Be Seen As
Feelings:
Anger
Depression
Bitterness
Justified

View of the World:
Unfair
Unjust
Burdensome
Against me



"Recovering Inner Clarity And Peace"

  1. Look for signs of the box (i.e., blame, justification, horribilization, in the box styles, etc.)
  2. Find an "out of the box" place (i.e., relationships, memories, activities, "Happy" places)
  3. Ponder the situation anew (from your "out of the box" perspective)
  4. Ask yourself:
  • What are this person's challenges, trials, burdens and pains?
  • How am I adding to these challenges?
  • In what other ways have I neglected or mistreated you?
  • In what ways are my "boxes" obscuring the truth about myself and others and interfering with solutions?
  • What am I feeling I should do for this person?
  • What could I do to help? 




ACT Upon what I have discovered; DO what I am feeling I should do.

   
PEACEMAKING PYRAMID